These are great quotes to post on your board to discuss with students.
You never know which one will stick!
- Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear what you say.
- The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire. -- Ferdinand Foch
- Make your mistakes work for you by learning from them. -- Donald Trump
- If one advances confidently in the directions of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. -- Henry David Thoreau
- Don't worry about things you can't control.
- Everybody needs some inspiration, Everybody needs some motivation, mix it up with some imagination, and use your natural gifts. -- The Kinks
- Most of us have lives too small for our spirits. -- Studs Terkel
- Don't worry about moving slowly, worry about standing still. -- Chinese proverb
- Be careful with whom you associate. Loser's rub off! -- Donald Trump
- I hope to die young at a very old age.
- The real secret of success is enthusiasm. -- Walter Chrysler, entrepreneur
- Always give more than what's expected. -- Donald Trump
- If we did all the things we were capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves. -- Thomas Edison
- We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about. -- Charles Kingsley, poet
- I'll never reach my destination, If I never try, So I will sail my vessel, 'Til the river runs dry. -- Garth Brooks
- Bloom where you are planted.
- For the most part I do the thing which my own nature drives me to do. -- Albert Einstein
- An activity becomes creative when the doer cares about doing it right, or better. – John Updike, writer
- Regret for things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. -- Sydney J. Harris, writer
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Money is an article which may be used as a universal passport to everywhere except heaven, and as a universal provider for everything except happiness. -- Wall Street Journal
- Work like you don't need money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like no one's watching. -- U2
- Listen. Don't just wait to talk. -- Donald Trump
- Keep away form people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. -- Mark Twain
- Never stop striving, never stop learning, never stop teaching.
- Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. -- Anaïs Nin
- The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one. -- Elbert Hubbard
- Neither you nor the world knows what you can do until you have tried. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The most difficult thing is to just start the ball rolling. Once it starts, it's actually more difficult to stop it. -- Butch Lovelace
- Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Edison
- Work hard. Someone's always watching. -- Donald Trump
- So many times people end up fixated on doing things rights, that they end up doing nothing at all. -- The Wright Brothers
- Your imagination is a preview to life's coming attractions. -- Albert Einstein
- The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
- I know of nothing more despicable and pathetic than a man who devotes all the hours of the waking day to the making of money for money's sake. -- John D. Rockefeller
- The next time you feel the urge to procrastinate -- just put it off.
- The only person who is educated is the one who has learned how to learn and change. -- Carl Rogers and Jerome Freiberg, authors of Freedom to Learn
- I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it. -- Thomas Jefferson
- It's not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives. It's what we do consistently. -- Anthony Robbins, best-selling author
- A professional writer is an amateur who didn't quit. -- Richard Bach
- I've missed 3000 shots. Twenty-six times the game-winning shot has been trusted to me, and I've missed. I've lost over 300 games. I've failed over and over and over again, and that is why I've succeeded. -- Michael Jordan
- Fall seven times, stand up eight. -- Japanese proverb
- Don't compromise your principles. -- Donald Trump
- Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. -- Thomas Edison
- Never give in. Never. Never. Never. Never. -- Winston Churchill
- Great people create great acts of kindness. -- Cervante
- Many of the things you can count don't count. Many of the things you can't count, really count. -- Albert Einstein
- You have not lived a perfect day, unless you've done something for someone who will never be able to repay you. -- Ruth Smeltzer
- We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give. -- Winston Churchill
- Without deviation, progress is not possible. -- Frank Zappa
- If you don't have a positive attitude in business and in life, you will never, ever be successful. -- Donald Trump
- There's nothing in your life you can't learn from, if you respond with the right attitude. -- Rick Warren
- The clearer your vision of what you seek, the closer you are to finding it.
- If you're not lighting any candles, don't complain about being in the dark.
- I will never give in until the day that I die. I'll get myself some independence, carve out a future with my two bare hands. -- The Alarm
- It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble; it's what you know for sure that ain't so. -- Mark Twain
- If at first you don't succeed, you're like everyone else who went on to greatness. -- Patrick Combs
- Apply yourself. Get all the education you can, but then, by God, do something. Don't just stand there, make it happen. -- Lee Iacocca, Chairman Chrysler Motors
- Don't play for safety -- it's the most dangerous thing in the world. -- Hugh Walpole, writer
- Treat people how you want to be treated. -- Donald Trump
your favorite quote!